Wednesday, 15 March 2017 12:18
Mayor Beng Climaco was calling on the city’s two congress persons to unite themselves in consultation with the people to do what is best for the people of Zamboanga in relation to the proposed third congressional district.
Climaco told the press briefing Monday that there can be a bill filed in congress to create additional or third legislative district of Zamboanga City but if both Rep. Celso Lobregat of District 1 and Rep. Mannix Dalipe of District 2 do not agree on the division of the proposed third district, it will never pass.
The mayor recalled that during her term in congress, she rallied for the creation of the third congressional district of Zamboanga City but it did not push through because she failed to get the support of her colleague in the second district, then Congressman Erbie Fabian.
“As local chief executive, I no longer play the role of a legislator but as an executive. We rely on out two representatives to unite themselves upon consultation with the people to do what is best for the people of Zamboanga,” Climaco said.
Climaco said she hopes that both congressmen will be able to see and decide on what is good for the progress of Zamboanga City and its people. (Vic Larato)
- 16/03/2017 14:17 - Climaco orders dry run of 1-way traffic scheme
- 16/03/2017 14:17 - Military gives conflicting report on fate of Vietnamese hostage
- 16/03/2017 14:16 - Mayor sets deadline for purchase of new city jail lot
- 16/03/2017 14:16 - Carpenter electrocuted
- 16/03/2017 14:15 - Pakistanis held for questioning after failing to show passport
- 15/03/2017 12:17 - New traffic scheme to start Monday
- 15/03/2017 12:17 - Man commits suicide
- 15/03/2017 12:17 - Crackdown vs traffic violators continue
- 15/03/2017 12:16 - City holds annual sports program for employees
- 15/03/2017 12:16 - Teenager stabbed in Magay