Thursday, 16 March 2017 14:18
The Committee on Local Government of the House of Representatives led by Congressman Pedro Acharon,Jr. of South Cotabato is now fast-tracking the consolidation of House Bill 125, authored by Zamboanga City Congressman Celso Lobregat which seeks the grant of compensation to all Barangay Health Workers (BHW) in the country.
House Bill 125, otherwise known as “An Act Authorizing the grant of compensation in the form of additional honorarium to Barangay Health Workers (BHW), was filed by Lobregat with the objective of giving more incentives to the health workers who are in the frontline of health services in their respective communities.
Lobregat said, Acharon’s Committee conducted series of hearings last week and have agreed to consolidate other bills similar to that of Lobregat.
“I am thankful to my colleague Congressman Acharon for heeding to my special request to push the bill swiftly for it to reach the plenary before the Congress adjourns in its First Regular Session next week. This bill is beneficial to our BHW’s,” Lobregat said.
Barangay Health Workers are given various incentives and benefits, such as hazard allowance, as well as non-monetary entitlements. Aside from these, the bill proposes to grant a modest compensation in the form of an additional honorarium of P4,000.00to all Barangay Health Workers on top of the current monthly incentives they receive from their respective LGU’s.
In order to help depressed 4th,5th and 6th class LGU’s, this bill further authorizes the national government to provide necessary subsidy for the payment of the proposed honorarium for the barangay health workers nationwide.
“Through this bill, Barangay Health Workers will receive an additional regular monthly compensation in the form of an honorarium of P4,000.00, thereby ensuring their welfare, and of the state in general,I know my colleagues will support me in this proposition,” Lobregat said. – Dexter Yap
- 17/03/2017 12:13 - Beng asks US envoy to extend grant period for maritime police
- 17/03/2017 12:12 - Mom says daughter was raped
- 17/03/2017 12:12 - Boat Captain stabbed by crew
- 16/03/2017 14:19 - Minor accuses Kapitan of sexual harrassment
- 16/03/2017 14:18 - Man shot in Camino Nuevo
- 16/03/2017 14:17 - Climaco orders dry run of 1-way traffic scheme
- 16/03/2017 14:17 - Military gives conflicting report on fate of Vietnamese hostage
- 16/03/2017 14:16 - Mayor sets deadline for purchase of new city jail lot
- 16/03/2017 14:16 - Carpenter electrocuted
- 16/03/2017 14:15 - Pakistanis held for questioning after failing to show passport