Friday, 17 March 2017 14:04
Maj. Gen. Carlito Galvez, Chief of the Western Mindanao Command (WesMinCom) has apologized to the family of two minors, one was killed while the other wounded, during an encounter of government troops against the Abu Sayyaf in Tapiantana, Tabuan Lasa, Basilan Province, last March 8, 2017.
Galvez said, the encounter was a legitimate operation by the government troops who met an overwhelming resistance from the bandits in the area.
“We are deeply sorry for the loss of the child, that is why we apologize to the family. We will assist the other child in the medication in the hospital,” Galvez said.
The Wesmincom chief personally visited the wounded child at the hospital.
He requested the transfer of the child to the Camp Navarro General Hospital.
In the operation, ASG leader Mubin Kulin alias Mulawin was killed.
Galvez said, they will cooperate with the Commission on Human Rights in its ongoing investigation of human rights abuses allegedly committed by the soldiers.(Nonong Santiago)
- 18/03/2017 14:03 - Dry run on new traffic scheme set by phases (West coast starts March 20)
- 18/03/2017 14:02 - Social worker faces probe
- 18/03/2017 14:00 - Climaco appeals for public support for new traffic plan
- 18/03/2017 14:00 - Man stabbed by close friend
- 18/03/2017 13:59 - House burglarized
- 17/03/2017 14:03 - CHO cautions anew against swimming in public beaches
- 17/03/2017 14:03 - US envoy reaffirms support to Zambo
- 17/03/2017 14:02 - House panel approves Lobregat bill for more courts in Zambo
- 17/03/2017 12:13 - Beng asks US envoy to extend grant period for maritime police
- 17/03/2017 12:12 - Mom says daughter was raped