Sunday, 19 March 2017 19:02
By Eugene Lasprilla
A female fetus was discovered along the riverbank in Sta Maria last Friday.
A group of children was said to be fishing in the river and decided to reach out for an ice cream container floating on the water.
The children were surprised upon finding the decomposing fetus inside the container.
A certain Ricardo Atilano y De Leon, 37 years old, reported the incident to police.
Police Station 7 Commander Chief Inspector Joseph Ortega believes that the ice cream container was flushed by running water towards the sea.
The fetus was more or less 7 months old and in a state of decomposition, based on an assessment by Sta Maria Health Center midwife Annabella Leyran.
The fetus was brought to a funeral parlor for proper disposition.
A deeper investigation was conducted by the Women and Children's Desk of the Police Station to establish the place of origin as well as the mother of the fetus. (Eugene Lasprilla)
- 20/03/2017 18:34 - Lobregat wishes best for Zambo on his 69th birthday
- 20/03/2017 18:33 - Police strengthens security in 11 islands
- 20/03/2017 18:32 - NHA set to complete 2,600 Z3R housing units by April
- 20/03/2017 18:32 - Drugs buy-bust ops net four
- 20/03/2017 18:31 - Beng spearheads city gov’t sportsfest 2017
- 19/03/2017 19:02 - Troops arrest 4 Maute Group members
- 19/03/2017 19:01 - Six arrested for drug use
- 19/03/2017 19:01 - 48-year old arrested in drug buy-bust
- 19/03/2017 19:00 - PPA to implement P200-M reclamation project
- 19/03/2017 19:00 - Policewoman, NUP injured in road accident