Monday, 20 March 2017 18:31
Mayor Beng Climaco on Friday spearheaded the opening of the 2017 Annual Sports, Fitness and Recreation Program for City Government employees, as she stressed the importance of healthy lifestyle.
The opening program, held at the City Coliseum in Tetuan was highlighted by the ballroom dancing competition and the Search for Mr. and Ms. Fitness 2017.
Climaco urged city employees not to disregard their health condition and to invest in physical fitness stressing on the old maxim of “health is wealth.”
Engaging in sports and other fitness and recreation activities is mandated by the Civil Service Commission and is aimed to ensure the workers’ physical and mental wellbeing, according to Climaco.
This year’s sports program is themed “An honest with integrity and physically fit personnel for a productive city government of Zamboanga” and is spearheaded by the City Sports Division under Dr. Cecil Atilano.
Under the sports program, all city departments will engage in a friendly competition in various sports events to be held in different venues in the city. The games will be held every Friday
The CSC mandates all government agencies and institutions to conduct a physical fitness program through various physical fitness and sports activities.
The City Government sports program will include badminton, bowling and dart, basketball men and volleyball mixed, futsal mixed, swimming and athletics and dodge ball.
Games will be held every Friday from 3-5pm. (Sheila Covarrubias)
- 20/03/2017 18:34 - Traffic scheme dry run in west coast starts today
- 20/03/2017 18:34 - Lobregat wishes best for Zambo on his 69th birthday
- 20/03/2017 18:33 - Police strengthens security in 11 islands
- 20/03/2017 18:32 - NHA set to complete 2,600 Z3R housing units by April
- 20/03/2017 18:32 - Drugs buy-bust ops net four
- 19/03/2017 19:02 - Female fetus found
- 19/03/2017 19:02 - Troops arrest 4 Maute Group members
- 19/03/2017 19:01 - Six arrested for drug use
- 19/03/2017 19:01 - 48-year old arrested in drug buy-bust
- 19/03/2017 19:00 - PPA to implement P200-M reclamation project