Monday, 20 March 2017 18:32
Four persons were arrested while an alleged notorious drug pusher managed to escape during separate buy-bust operations conducted by the Station Drug Enforcement Unit (SDEU) under the Zamboanga City Police Office.
Police Station 11, SDEU personnel led by SPO2 Herbert Abillaarrested Wilma Gonzaga y Marundo, 30, single, a resident of Cariño Compound, Barangay Camino Nuevo.However, the alleged notorious drug pusher identified as Arnold Musin, alias Toto, also of the said barangay,managed to escape.
Police report showed that during the buy-bust transaction, Musin sensed that he was dealing with a police operative prompting him to run.
Recovered from the area were several illegal drugsparaphernalia.
An SDEU personnel was able to purchase from Musinaa small heat sealed transparent plastic sachet containing suspected shabu.
Gonzaga is now detained for the filling of appropriate charges in court against her.
Meanwhile, SDEU of Police Station 7 led by SPO1 BenzarElhano arrested Ryan Bernardo y Francisco, 22, single, during similar operation at Ruste Drive, Barangay San Roque.
Confiscated form Bernardo were six small size heat sealed plastic sachet containing suspected shabu andthe P500 marked money.
On the other hand, SDEU of Police Station 6 led by Superintendent NonitoAsdai, arrested Joerey Rocha y Tanaza, alias Rey, 29, married of BagongDalan, Barangay Tugbungan, during an operation at Bacolod Lodging House in the same barangay.
Seized from Rocha were 3 small sachets of suspected shabu and P200 marked money.
In another operation by the SDEU of Police Station 8 led by Chief Inspector HingmingLadjaali, at Purok 1, Alas-as, Barangay Sinunuc, the authorities arrestedMumarBuclao y Abdullah, alias Buks, 34, married, also of the said place.
Recovered from him were three small sachets of alleged shabu and 3 strips of aluminum foil.
All suspects were conducted to the different police stations.
A case for violation of R.A. 9165, otherwise known as the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002, will be forwarded at the City Prosecutor’s Office against the suspects.
The recovered alleged shabu will be submitted for examination at the Regional Crime Laboratory Office 9. (Eugene A. Lasprilla)
- 21/03/2017 12:06 - Basilan landmine blast kills coconut farmer
- 20/03/2017 18:34 - Traffic scheme dry run in west coast starts today
- 20/03/2017 18:34 - Lobregat wishes best for Zambo on his 69th birthday
- 20/03/2017 18:33 - Police strengthens security in 11 islands
- 20/03/2017 18:32 - NHA set to complete 2,600 Z3R housing units by April
- 20/03/2017 18:31 - Beng spearheads city gov’t sportsfest 2017
- 19/03/2017 19:02 - Female fetus found
- 19/03/2017 19:02 - Troops arrest 4 Maute Group members
- 19/03/2017 19:01 - Six arrested for drug use
- 19/03/2017 19:01 - 48-year old arrested in drug buy-bust