Tuesday, 21 March 2017 12:06
One person died in a landmine explosion in the hinterlands of Basilan province on Sunday, police said.
Police said the incident occurred at around 11:30 a.m. in Barangay Dugaa, Tuburan, Basilan.
PO3 Ricky Mohammad, case investigator, identified the victim as Mustafa Abdurahim, 68, a coconut farmer.
Mohammad said Abdurahim was harvesting coconut when he accidentally tripped on an improvised bomb fashioned out as a landmine.
He said the victim died on the spot.
Authorities said the improvised bomb could have been placed by Abu Sayyaf bandits targeting troops patrolling the area. (PNA)
- 21/03/2017 12:15 - Beng satisfied with outcome of traffic scheme’s first day
- 21/03/2017 12:15 - City Legal Officer warns Jail Warden of contempt
- 21/03/2017 12:14 - Five persons nabbed in ‘double barrel reloaded’
- 21/03/2017 12:07 - Neighbors rob neighbor
- 21/03/2017 12:07 - Man stabbed from behind
- 20/03/2017 18:34 - Traffic scheme dry run in west coast starts today
- 20/03/2017 18:34 - Lobregat wishes best for Zambo on his 69th birthday
- 20/03/2017 18:33 - Police strengthens security in 11 islands
- 20/03/2017 18:32 - NHA set to complete 2,600 Z3R housing units by April
- 20/03/2017 18:32 - Drugs buy-bust ops net four