Tuesday, 21 March 2017 12:07
A man was stabbed and seriously wounded at Poblacion, Barangay Vitali, this city, Sunday.
Police Station 1 Commander, Chief Inspector Salvador Galvez identified the victim as Richard Mendoza, 32, married and a resident of sitio Bataan, Vitali.
Galvez said, the victim suffered a lone stab wound at the back of his body and was rushed to Vitlai Lying-in Center, then transferred to Zamboanga City Medical Center.
Police identified the suspect as Joed Martinez, of legal age, also residing in the same barangay.
Initial police investigation showed that the victim and a certain Joel Lacastesantos were on their way home when upon reaching near the chapel of Bataan, the suspect suddenly appeared from behind and stabbed the victim once at the back, then hurriedly escaped on foot towards unknown direction.
A manhunt operation was launched for the possible arrest of the suspect.Motive of the incident is still unknown. (Eugene A. Lasprilla)
- 21/03/2017 12:15 - DepEd reiterates ‘no collection’ for school-end rites
- 21/03/2017 12:15 - Beng satisfied with outcome of traffic scheme’s first day
- 21/03/2017 12:15 - City Legal Officer warns Jail Warden of contempt
- 21/03/2017 12:14 - Five persons nabbed in ‘double barrel reloaded’
- 21/03/2017 12:07 - Neighbors rob neighbor
- 21/03/2017 12:06 - Basilan landmine blast kills coconut farmer
- 20/03/2017 18:34 - Traffic scheme dry run in west coast starts today
- 20/03/2017 18:34 - Lobregat wishes best for Zambo on his 69th birthday
- 20/03/2017 18:33 - Police strengthens security in 11 islands
- 20/03/2017 18:32 - NHA set to complete 2,600 Z3R housing units by April