My Google Page Rank

Four hurt in twin roadside blasts

PDFPrintE-mail

At least two government security forces and two village officials were injured in twin roadside blasts Wednesday morning in Maguindanao, central Mindanao, the military said.

A report reaching the Armed Forces' Western Mindanao Command (WesMinCom) said initially an explosion occurred along the road near a division training school in Semba, Datu Odin Sinsuat on early dawn.

It said a soldier driving an M35 military truck was wounded in the first explosion believed to be caused by an improvised explosive device, which was placed in a garbage drop off point along the village road.

The report said one policeman, a barangay chairman and a councilman who responded to the blast site along with soldiers, were also injured after a second IED went off.

The blast victims were rushed to the hospital for medical treatment of shrapnel wounds.

It remains unclear if the twin explosions were perpetrated by Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters, but the military said the group remains a threat as it has been launching attacks against government forces in Maguindanao.

The BIFF is a splinter group of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front, which continuously negotiating peace with the government. They have been launching attacks against government forces in Maguindanao, where they are based.

Since last year, the MILF has been actively supporting the government of President Rodrigo Duterte's counter-offensive against the BIFF.

Last month, at least 15 BIFF militants were killed and undeternined others wounded in the weeklong fighting with MILF forces in Maguindanao. The fighting erupted when the splinter group tried to enter an MILF-controlled area in the province. Hader Glang




Related news items:
Newer news items:
Older news items:

Add comment


Security code
Refresh